Spam and malware make online life miserable for all of us. We would like to be in touch with you once you’ve purchased something from us, but you can always opt out of contact later or choose not to opt in to our newsletter. We don’t play the game of forcing you to opt out; we will always give you the choice whether you receive our Wonderful! Interesting! Exciting! monthly emails. We hope you choose to stay in touch!
By ordering from us, you give us permission to communicate with you about your order. Aside from that, we will always give you a choice whether we communicate with you on any other topic such as the monthly sale items or any special information.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. Of course you may visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf our website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- If you have opted in to receive our email newsletter, we may send you periodic emails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional email from us, please refer to the "How can you opt out, remove, or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted to receive email newsletters, you will not receive these emails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our email list and receive email communications from us.
We use a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Payment information is only used by the credit card processor or by Google Checkout or PayPal. We do not retain any credit card information.
Do we use "cookies"?
We may use third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business. We may use Google Analytics to look at which pages are visited, etc.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, except as described below.
The term "outside parties" does not include Thus Spake. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or filling your order, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others' rights, property, or safety.
How can you opt out, remove, or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your email subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses, and payment information. Please note that we may have to maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third-party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy and other topics. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue, by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the Tees for Your Head website.
Online policy only